Breast uplift surgery also known as mastopexy is an operation to reshape and lift sagging breasts. A mastopexy involves the removal of the skin and the tissue in the lower part of the breast with repositioning the nipples. Firmness of the breasts is determined by genes. However, there are some other factors affecting firmness of breasts and causing sagging breasts such as child birth, breast feeding, significant weight loss, ageing and gravity. The breasts sag due to the relaxation of ligaments. Sagging breasts which is usually associated with ageing is considered as a negative thing and affect a woman’s self-esteem. Sagging breast can cause emotional distress and depression if it is not treated. Breast uplift (Mastopexy) operation gives women a chance to regain the firmness of their breasts, look younger and, feel better. Every year almost 800 thousand women worldwide have boob uplift operation to regain their youth. Breast uplift is among the most commonly preferred type of cosmetic surgeries carried out worldwide.
Breast Lift in Turkey
Many women around the world prefer having breast uplift abroad due to higher costs offered by their local healthcare system. Turkey has the technology and qualified cosmetic surgeons competing with European standards. Thanks to lower labour costs, Turkey offers cost-effective breast uplift surgery. Women who want to have both: good quality and affordable costs choose Turkey to have breast lift.
Why MCAN Health for Breast Uplift in Turkey?
• Reliable and high quality service: MCAN Health’s breast lift surgeons are highly reputable in cosmetic surgery. They are very well-known with work experience abroad. They are so talented and experienced that you will have natural looking breasts after your breast lift surgery. For your comfort and to provide you the best quality, MCAN Health only works with JCI accredited hospitals for breast uplift surgery in Turkey.
• Patient-focused approach: To ensure an ultimate patient satisfaction, MCAN Health also offers a full insurance coverage for your breast lift surgery.
• Affordable costs: MCAN Health guarantees the best price by price matching.
All You Need to Know about Breast Uplift (Mastopexy)
What is Breast Lift?
Breast uplift also called mastopexy or breast lift or breast lift is a cosmetic surgery used for reshaping and enhancing the firmness of drooping breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue. Enhancing the breast shape and firmness by removing and tightening up excess skin is the main purpose of a breast lift operation. Breast uplift operation also repositions and resizes the nipples.
The shape and firmness of breasts may change over time due to pregnancy, significant weight loss, breast feeding, aging, and gravity. Women may lose the firmness and youthful look of their breast which can cause discomfort and distress for women. Women with dropping breasts often complain about:
• Inability to wear a top without a bra.
• A limited option of clothes.
• Low self-confidence.
• Feeling less feminine and unattractive.
• Feeling old.
Mastopexy (breast lift) eliminates all these problems by reshaping and uplifting the sagging breasts.
How is Breast Uplift Performed?
Breast uplift surgery is usually performed through incisions on your breasts with removal of excess fat and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and lift your breasts. Breast uplift surgery can also be performed in combination with breast enlargement surgery.
Length of a breast lift surgery: Usually 2 to 3 hours.
Anaesthesia: Under general anaesthesia.
Inpatient or Outpatient: Inpatient
Incisions: There is a variety of incision techniques used for breast uplift. You surgeon will choose the most appropriate and best incision method for your breast lift by considering the size and shape of your breasts and elasticity of your skin as well as the degree of your breast sagging. There are 3 most common incision techniques used for breast uplift surgery:
• The incision is made around areola.
• The incision is made around the areola, vertically down from the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease.
• The incision is made around the areola and vertically down from the areola to the breast crease.
Lifting and Reshaping: After incision, the underlying breast tissue will be lifted and reshaped, excess skin from your areola or from under your breasts will be removed to enhance firmness. Your nipples will be re-positioned or your areola will be re-sized to match with the new shape of your breasts.
Closing up the incisions: The incisions are closed by skin adhesives or surgical tape. Incision lines are permanent, however usually they disappear or fade away substantially in due course.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
There may be some additional instructions for some patients according to their specific conditions but these are the general pre-operation instructions for all patients:
• To have a health check-up before the operation to make sure that you are fit to have breast enlargement.
• Not to take any medication which will thin your blood such as aspirin, ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory medication.
• To quit smoking two weeks before the surgery.
• To avoid to consume alcohol one day before the surgery.
• To remove your make up, any other cosmetics and any metal jewels on your body.
• Not to wear contact lenses on the day of your breast uplift surgery.
• Stop consuming food or beverages 8 hours before your breast lift surgery.
• Not to consume any food or beverages some time before the operation starts, etc.
Instructions for Post-Operation
You will be instructed what to do and what to avoid. After the operation, you will see steri-strips, thin adhesive strips, on your incisions which usually dissolve around 10 days after your breast lift surgery. You do not need to have an appointment to remove the stitches as your incisions are closed underneath your skin. You can have a shower a day after your breast uplift surgery and you can remove your bandage. As a post-operation care, you may be expected:
• To avoid heavy physical exercises.
• To make sure that your incisions are dry at all times.
• To wear a support bra for 2-3 days after your breast lift surgery.
• To take certain medication that is prescribed by your surgeon.
• To avoid swimming pools.
• To expect as much liquid as you can against dehydration.
• To avoid the use of any creams or gels on the area treated.
• To keep the sterile bandage on the wound for a day, etc.
Results of Breast Lift
You can check our before after gallery for results of breast uplift here.
If you want to:
• Boost your confidence.
• Feel more attractive.
• Regain the firmness of your breasts.
• Feel younger.
• Enjoy a wider range of fashionable clothes.
• Be able to wear your top without a bra.
• Have the confidence to wear bikinis that you like.
Contact MCAN Health for a breast uplift surgery!
1) What are the results of a breast uplift surgery?
The purpose of the boob lift surgery is to regain the firmness of the breasts by reshaping them. After the breast uplift surgery, your breasts will have enhanced firmness and shape. After the breast lift surgery, you can freely wear your tops without a bra and enjoy your youthful look.
2) Is breast uplift surgery painful?
The breast lift surgery is performed under general anaesthesia which means that you will be asleep during the surgery and will not feel any pain. You may have minor and temporary pain 1-2 days after mastopexy.
3) How long after the breast uplift surgery can I go back to work?
It depends on your job. Generally patients get back to work 2 to 4 weeks after the breast lift operation.
4) Are the results of breast lift permanent?
Yes. The results of breast uplift are usually permanent. However significant weight loss and pregnancy in the future may have effect on the breasts.
5) Do scars disappear completely?
Breast lift scars will not disappear completely however they will fade away substantially over time.
6) Is breast uplift same as breast enlargement?
The aim of a breast uplift operation is to firm and tighten the sagging breasts while the aim of a breast enlargement operation is to increase the size of the breasts. However, breast uplift surgery can also be performed in combination with breast enlargement surgery if a patients desires to have both bigger and firm breasts.
7) Do my boobs look natural after my breast lift surgery?
Yes. Thanks to highly talented MCAN Health cosmetic surgeons, you will have natural looking results.
"MCAN Health offers an EU standard quality with affordable costs. I had my breast lift surgery in Turkey with MCAN Health. They were very professional, working with the best surgeons and hospitals. My breast uplift surgeon talked to me in detail about the desired shape of my boobs, and then he used a virtual simulator to show me the possible results. It was awesome; I made my decision by seeing virtual me with my future boobs. I am over the moon with the appearance of my boobs. Thanks million MCAN Health!"
"My surgeon at MCAN Health was very talented and experienced. I was so anxious about my breast lift surgery but his professionalism and attitude towards me comforted me a lot. We talk through everything and he performed the surgery by considering my expectations. I knew that I was in good hands. I had a personal host and a driver who arranged all my transfers from hospital to hotel. Everything was extremely perfect. MCAN Health helped me gain my confidence back."
"The unique thing about MCAN Health is you can trust and rely on their service by closing your eyes. They are very friendly and professional. 5 months after my breast uplift surgery, I cannot see any scars, they are invisible now. I enjoy the confidence especially when I am in my fancy bikini. Well done MCAN Health!"
"My boobs got annoyingly saggy after I delivered my baby. It started negatively affecting my relationship with my partner. We chose MCAN Health in Turkey for my breast reduction because we thought we could also enjoy a holiday in Turkey as well. We were not wrong. MCAN Health staff and my surgeon were helpful and professional. My surgery went really well. Our holiday in Turkey was amazing as well, MCAN Health showed great hospitality to us by accommodating us at a high quality hotel."
"I had my first breast uplift in my hometown which did not satisfy me at all. I had complications and did not get the result that I was expecting. I found MCAN Health online, after I read the reviews and checked the CVs of breast uplift surgeons; I decided to go to Turkey for my second breast lift surgery. For my breast reduction in Turkey, I paid much less than I had paid for my first surgery. My satisfaction from the result was priceless... I am very happy about the firmness of my boobs now and I don’t need any more surgeries. Cheers MCAN Health!"