The Advanced and The Special Hair Transplantation Technique: Direct Hair Implantation
What is Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)?
Direct Hair Implantation is a hair transplantation technique performed by using special DHI Pen also called DHI Implanter or CHOI Pen. In DHI technique the extracted grafts are directly implanted to the recipient area.
Advantages of DHI Technique
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) technique provides the most natural look and the most hair density. The scar is minimum in DHI and there is no any bleeding in implantation phase. The risk of crusting and postulation is very low. Since the recovery is very fast in DHI technique, patients go to their routine very fast.
Who Are The Good Candidates For DHI Technique
The below patient group are the most appropriate candidates for Direct Hair Implantation (DHI).
1) Patient in need of front line transplantation
2) Eye-brow transplantation
3) Beard and moustache transplantation
4) Patient do not prefer shaving
5) Patients want to have more thicker and high density in their receding and balding area (if the donor area allows and if the recipient area is not large).
DHI Technique Versus FUE Hair Transplantation
1) DHI uses the special Implanter (Pen) to precisely control the angle, depth and direction of the implanted follicle. This creates a totally natural hairline and natural look.
2) In DHI technique the extracted grafts are directly implanted to the recipient area whereas in FUE technique extracted grafts are kept in a special solution, canals are opened in recipient area and then extracted grafts are implanted to the opened canals.
There is no extra step of opening canals in DHI.
3) There is no bleeding in DHI since the implantation is performed with the special Implanter without open canals.
4) There is no any crusting, pitting and postulation in DHI.
5) It is possible to implant 45-60 grafts per cm2 in FUE however it is possible to implant 80-90 grafts per cm2 in DHI without effecting the scalp blood supply. That means the most possible maximum density can be achieved with DHI. For example in a given certain receding area in front line, if the maximum hair transplantation can be achieved with FUE is 1,000 grafts; it could be 2,000 grafts for the same area in DHI technique.
6) The maximum number of grafts in one session with DHI can be around 2,000 grafts, whereas in FUE it can be up to 5,000 grafts. So the patients who need over 2,000 grafts shall accept more than one session with DHI.
7) To give angle and direction is much easier and more successful in DHI with the special Implanter (Pen).
8) There is no need for shaving in DHI, only the donor area is trimmed. In FUE the whole scalp should be shaved before the procedure.
9) The patient that has DHI can go to normal routine much quicker than the patient has FUE Hair Transplantation.
10) The recovery is faster in DHI.
To get more information about DHI technique, please click https://mcanhealth.com/en/get-a-free-quote