Are you tired of being locked up behind glasses or contact lenses? You do not have to anymore! MCAN Health is here to free you from glasses or contacts with laser eye surgery in Turkey.
Laser eye surgery is performed to treat vision disorders by using an excimer. Laser eye surgery is used to treat nearsightedness (myopia) as well as farsightedness (hypermetropia) and astigmatism. Ageing affects the ability of reading however; laser eye surgery is not advised to be used for presbyopia due to the fact that it changes as we age. Laser eye surgery is the most commonly preferred and performed technique worldwide to treat myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
Anyone over 18 who has to wear glasses or contact lenses can have laser eye surgery if:
- Diopter value is stable.
- Myopia is less than -10 diopter.
- Astigmatism is less than -6 diopter.
- Hypermetropia is less than +4 diopter.
- Corneal tissue is thick enough.
- There is no chronic diseases such as diabetes or rheumatism.
- There is no other eye diseases such as keratoconus, ocular hypertension, etc.
- There is a suitable ocular structure.
Our eyes are the most beautiful and important parts of our body. Good and healthy vision is undoubtedly indispensible for all of us. Basically, with poor vision, it is not possible to function and carry out even simple daily activities. Therefore, people who do not have a good and health vision naturally, have to wear glasses or contact lenses to improve the quality of the vision. However, it may be an unpleasant experience for people who have had to use glasses or contact lenses for a long while. Not all people can wear contact lenses due to dry eyes or allergies and the feeling of discomfort in the eyes after a long-term use. The requirement to wear glasses can result in frustration owing to fogging-up glasses in winter, inability to wear fashionable sunglasses in summer, and difficulty to put eye make-up, etc. Therefore, to regain the ‘freedom of eyes’, each year an increasing number of people prefer to undergo laser eye surgery.
Laser Eye Surgery in Turkey with MCAN Health
Vision health is important and the consequences of vision health may be serious if it is left to inexperienced and untalented hands. MCAN Health care about your eyes and offers permanent, high quality laser eye surgery in Turkey performed by leading eye surgeons at leading eye hospital called DunyaGoz. Dunyagoz is the first Turkish health organisation that has invested European health sector. Dunyagoz has clinics in London, Delft, Cologne and Frankfurt. Laser eye surgery in Turkey with MCAN Health has the expertise and quality recognized globally. Last but not least, MCAN Health offers reliable and top quality laser eye surgery with affordable prices.
MCAN Health offers you:
- Laser eye surgery at JCI certified hospitals.
- State-of-the-art laser surgery equipments that are approved by FDA (American Food and Drug Administration).
- Eye surgeons specialized in eye laser surgery.
- Permanent results.
- Experienced and multi-language (ability to give service in 19 languages) medical team.
- Inpatient treatment at hygienic and luxurious (equal to 7 star hotels) patient accommodation rooms.
- 100% satisfaction.
All You Need to Know about Laser Eye Surgery
What is Laser Eye Surgery?
Laser eye surgery involves reshaping of the cornea by laser to correct vision impairment. To perform the procedure, the surface layer of the cornea is moved aside to correct the diopter values by an excimer laser. Then the surface layer is put back smoothly. There are two techniques commonly used for laser eye surgery: LASIK and PRK Wavefront.
How is Laser Eye Surgery Performed?
You will talk to your specialized MCAN Health laser eye surgeon about the most suitable option for you. The technique to use for laser eye surgery is depended on the conditions of your eyes.
Length of the laser eye surgery: Laser eye surgery usually takes around 20 to 30 minutes.
Inpatient/Outpatient: Laser eye surgery is usually outpatient.
The Types of Laser Eye Surgery
- LASIK Eye Surgery Technique: LASIK is a most widely used technique to treat myopia, hypermetropia, and astigmatism. A thin incision is made on the layer on the upper surface of cornea and a flap surface of the cornea is moved to treat the exposed surface. The cornea is reshaped and focusing problems in the eyes due to diopter values are corrected by an excimer Laser. Lastly, the surface layer is put back to accelerate the healing process.
- PRK Wavefront Technique:PRK Wavefront, also known as, photorefractive keratectomy, is a laser eye surgery technique involving the correction of the cornea without creating a flap tissue. The correction is done directly on the front surface of the cornea. This technique is used for patients who do not have a sufficiently enough cornea thickness.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
MCAN Health’s specialized laser eye surgeons care about your vision. To get the best results, prior to the laser eye surgery, you need to inform your laser eye surgeon about your medical record, any chronic diseases that you have. On the day of your laser eye surgery, you should not put make-up or any other creams, lotions and you should not have piercings on your face.
Instructions for Post-Operation
• Your specialized laser eye surgeon at MCAN Health may prescribe you with medication such as special eye drops; you need to follow up the instructions of your medication.
• You are advised to be accompanied with someone after the surgery as you should not drive. You should avoid putting make up on your eyes for at least 2 weeks.
• You should be gentle with your eyes; you should not rub your eyes and should protect your eyes from external contacts such as water, dust, etc.. You should not take a bath or wash your face for one day after the laser eye surgery.
• You should not take a shower for the first 5 days after the laser eye surgery.
Post-operation instructions may change from one patient to another. Your MCAN Health laser eye surgeon will go through post-operation instructions with you after your laser eye surgery.
Benefits of Eye Laser Surgery with MCAN Health in Turkey:
• Improved and corrected vision.
• No need to wear glasses or contact lenses anymore.
• More carrier opportunities especially as a military professional.
• No more frustration due to fogging-up glasses.
• Ability to wear fashionable sunglasses.
• Better look of your eyes; no smaller appearance of eyes due to thick glasses.
• No itchy and dry eyes due to the use of contact lenses.
• No more risk of eye infection due to unsterilized contact lenses, etc.
1) Is laser eye an inpatient or outpatient surgery?
Laser eye surgery is usually outpatient.
2) Will I still need to wear glasses after laser eye surgery?
No. After your laser eye surgery, you will not need to ever glasses anymore.
3) I have myopia with -14 diopter, can I have a laser eye surgery?
Laser eye surgery is performed on patients with maximum -10 myopia diopter. However, there are other techniques used to treat eyes with over -10 myopia diopter. Please contact MCAN Health for free consultation.
4) Can I resume working right after the laser eye surgery?
You vision will gradually get better after your laser eye surgery. We advise you to have 2 to 5 days off from work.
5) Can I wear cosmetic contact lenses after my laser surgery?
Yes you can but not just after your laser eye surgery. You should at least give several months after your laser eye surgery to wear cosmetic contacts.
6) Can I have a laser eye surgery for only one of my eyes?
Yes, you can.
7) Do I need to use eye-drops after my laser eye surgery?
Usually patients are prescribed with some medication including eye-drops. Your MCAN Health laser eye surgeon will advise you what to do as a part of pos-operation care.
8) Is it expensive to have a laser eye surgery in Turkey?
Laser eye surgery in Turkey is very cost-effective compared to many countries around the world. Also, MCAN Health offers you a great chance of paying the cost of your laser eye surgery by instalments. Please contact MCAN Health for further information.
Why to pay more for a less quality? I asked this to myself before I decided to have my laser eye surgery in Turkey with MCAN Health. Definitely better quality at better hospitals with cheaper prices; this is what MCAN Heath offered. It has been 2 years to be free from glasses and my eyes are as sharp as they were when I was young. Great job MCAN Health!
No more fogging up glasses, no more eye make-up problems thanks to MCAN Health. My vision is great now! I also had an amazing time in Turkey. My personal host was amazing, who accompanied me to see around and have some amazing Turkish food. Even with half of this budget, I would not be able to have my laser eye surgery in my country. I had a first class laser eye surgery and plus an amazing holiday in Turkey with MCAN Health.
My sister who lives in Germany had her laser eye surgery with Dunya Goz in 2012. She was very happy about the results therefore advised me to have my laser eye surgery with MCAN Health in Turkey. I travelled to Turkey with almost no concern. Everything went perfectly well. After my surgery, I also had some cultural sightseeing tours offered by MCAN Health. MCAN Health combines health with tourism, affordable prices with high quality service, professionalism with a friendly approach.
Reliable, affordable, high quality laser eye surgery in Turkey with MCAN Health. I had LASIK, the latest technology laser eye treatment and I had great results, no complications, no problems after my laser eye surgery. It has been a year since I had my operation. Now I enjoy the freedom of being ‘glassless’. Well done MCAN Health!
All my childhood years, I was bullied; I was called ‘four eyes’. I used to wear glasses from the very early ages. Finally last year, my eyes were stable enough to have a laser eye surgery. But to be honest I was scared, I heard that if a laser eye surgery is not done properly, there could be some long terms effects even blindness. I knew that I need to get it done at a reliable eye specialized hospital. Budget was important for me too. Upon an extensive online research, I could find MCAN Health. They work with the top eye hospital in Turkey: Dunya Goz. This was the reason that I chose MCAN Health. But then I realized that there was much more about MCAN Health. They have a wonderful and caring customer service not just before the treatment but also after the treatment. So happy of choosing MCAN Health.